Export Marketing support for the development & improvement of export performance of Sri Lankan products & services through market research, advisory services & providing market intelligence.
The EDB organizes participation of Sri Lankan exporters at major International Trade Fairs in potential overseas markets to facilitate B 2 B promotions. Among these events there are Industry Specific trade fairs, Multi product fairs, Regional Fairs & Solo Exhibitions. Publicity for such events organized by the EDB is given through the printed media such as Daily News (English), Dinamina (Sinhala), Nawamani (Tamil) and also through the EDB website.
Inward & Outward Buying/Selling missions
Organise outward selling missions and incoming buying missions to assist export marketing of Sri Lankan products & services.
- Business Matchmaking
- Assists buyers and exporters in making appropriate contacts.
- Seminars/Workshops/Capacity Building Programmes
- Co-ordinate integrated product development, technology transfer and market awareness programmes to foster the growth of emerging export industries.
- Brand promotion
- National branding programmes to promote the image of the country and business image of Sri Lanka internationally.
- Assistance for Marketing Products & Services
- Clearance of Market Entry Barriers
- Assist exporters to enter new markets by resolution of tariff & non tariff barriers.