Director General's Profile
Ms. Jeevani Siriwardena (nee Jayawickrama) Director General
- Bachelor of Commerce Special Degree (Second Class), University of Colombo
- Master in Business Studies (Merit), University of Colombo
- Post Graduate Diploma of the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) – UK
Working for the EDB since 1984 and gained a wealth of experience from being a Management Trainee, Research Assistant, Assistant Director and a Deputy Director until 2006. For a short spell of one year and 3 months commencing October 2004, was assigned to be in charge of the Sri Lanka Trade Centre in Chennai.
As the Director General of the Export Development Board:
- Assists the Chairman in the overall management control and Administration.
- Functions as Board Secretary. Also as a Board Member representing various other Public Institutions.
- As the Head of the Secretariat Division, responsible to the Chairman and the Board for planning, coordinating and controlling the functional activities of the Divisions towards achieving the EDB’s objectives.
- Represents the Board at Senior Management level in all Inter-ministerial programmes, Executive Boards of export oriented organizations, Committee and Study Groups of export oriented subjects
- Deputizes for the Chairman in the Board
Telephone – 94-11-2300675