Goodfolks Organic Coconut Sugar
- All Natural & Certified Organic
- Multiple packaging options available.
- Coconut sugar is a natural sweetener made from the sap of the coconut flower
- Is similar to brown sugar in colour, texture and even taste with a hint of caramel
- Low score on the Glycemic Index (GI) makes this a safer option if you are concerned about sudden spikes in your blood sugar levels
- Coconut sugar also has a low calorie content when compared with cane sugars and passes through the body instead of getting stored
- Contains natural nutrients and is high on antioxidants.
- Also contains iron, potassium and calcium
Coconut sugar is known to score low on the Glycemic Index when compared to refined regular sugars that score in the range of 60 – 70. High GI foods can cause your blood sugar to spike suddenly and this affects your insulin levels. Thus it is safe to say that coconut sugar is a healthier alternative if blood sugar levels are of concern to you.
Coconut Sugar with its hint of caramel is very similar to brown sugar in taste, colour and consistency. You can therefore replace your regular unhealthy and refined sugars with coconut sugar with no major difference to taste and sweetness. When cooking with coconut sugar, the end result may be darker than when using white sugar.
Unrefined. Therefore contains natural nutrients, is high on antioxidants and contains iron, potassium and calcium.
Contains Inulin (type of dietary fiber that helps keep your gut healthy, prevent colon cancer, and balance your blood sugar. Lower fructose content. Vegan. Gluten Free.
Available in Kraft paper pouches, 4g sachets. Or as per your requirement.