Why Sri Lanka Entrepot Trade ?
Ideal Geographical Location
- Sri Lanka’s locational advantage of being in the path of East-West maritime route
- Centrally located with direct flights to Asia, Middle East and Europe
- Sri Lanka has a favorable tropical climate all year round which enables undisrupted movement of cargo vessels.
Conductive climate for business
- FDI friendly policies
- Placed well in the ease of doing business ranking relative the countries in the South Asian region.
- Easy access to information under the recently introduced Right to Information Act
Enhanced government focus to develop the industry
- Introduction of Commercial Hub Regulations in 2013, having recognized the importance of the Entrepot Trade.
- Ongoing Port Expansion >
Conductive general infrastructure for operations
- Advanced telecommunication and information technology services
- Well- developed road network with express ways.
- Reliable utility services at competitive rates. Only South Asian country with 24/7 electricity supply
Sri Lanka Customs readiness to handle volume growth with Electronic Data Interchange (ASYCUDA World)
- Relatively speedy customs clearance
- Advanced real time management information systems
Investment Guide to venture in Sri Lankan Entrepot Trade More Info