Register as an Exporter
The Exporters have to register with the EDB Trade Facilitation and Trade Information Division and obtain an Export Registration number prior to implement exports. To obtain permanent Registration Certificate, such enterprises are required to produce documentary evidence such as CUSDEC Form, Bill of Lading/Airway Bill & Commercial Invoice, VAT & TIN certificates etc. within a period of one year.
A temporary Registration Certificate will be issued to Potential exporters register with the EDB . To qualify for a permanent certificate such potential exporters should produce documentary proof of their exports.
Instructions for registration as an exporter at the EDB
An application for the Registration as an Exporter should be submitted in the specific form available at the Trade Facilitation and Trade Information Division, along with the following supporting documents listed under each category with originals and photocopies.
- Individual Business (Sole Proprietorship)
- Individual Business Registration Certificate (BRC) containing the word `Export` in Column No. 02 (General nature of Business)
- A Photo Copy of the National Identity Card of the Proprietor
- Partnership Company
- Partnership Registration Certificate containing the word `Export` In Column No. 02.
- A photocopy of the National Identity Card of a partner who had signed the application
- Limited Liability Company (Private/Public) (Under the Company Act – 2007)
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Registration of a Company – Form 01/Form 40 (Certified by the Dept. of Registrar of Companies.
- Application should be signed by the MD or any Director of the Company along with the company rubber seal on the Column No. 12.
- A Photo Copy of the National Identity Card of the MD/Director who had signed the application
- A request letter addressed to Director/Trade Facilitation & Trade Information of the EDB by MD/Director of the Company confirming exports.
Register for the Directory of Sri Lankan Exporters
The Trade Facilitation & Trade Information Division implements and monitors this registration scheme. The objective of the scheme is to maintain an up-to-date data bank which assists in the formulation of national export policies and serve as a guide for foreign buyers to reach local suppliers.
The exporters should fill the specific form to register for the Directory of Sri Lankan Exporters and forward to the Trade Facilitation and Trade Information Division. Annual update of information could be done using the same form.
Register for the EDB eMARKETPLACE
www.srilankabusiness.com the official web site of EDB is an ideal trading platform for Sri Lankan exporters to showcase their products to the world. It is the pioneering e-market place introduced in Sri Lanka to promote and sell the products and services online. Consumers can access a wide array of export quality Sri Lankan goods and services as well as buy products online via a secure payment gateway.
This pioneering venture brings together in one place suppliers, buyers, shippers, logistics and finance together with market and product information. The system is empowered with highly secured software that enables online purchase and is open to buyers from anywhere in the world who can connect a computer to the Internet.
Why should you register with www.srilankabusiness.com ?
- A highly cost effective promotional tool for your products & services
- A wider customer out reach
- Business credibility through a trade portal backed by the state.
- A significant reduction in communication and advertising costs.
- Facility for online purchasing
- Timely delivery of your products via market leader s in global logistics
- A highly secure payment system provided by a leading international bank.
Registration Fee – Rs. 10000.00(for maximum 10 catalog items)
Each additional catalog item – Rs. 500.00(10 items)
A commission of 6% will be charged from each transaction inclusive of the commission charged by the HSBC bank.Download Application
Register for online Trade Statistics
The EDB provides online Sri Lankan trade statistics for the registered customers for an Annual subscription fee of Rs. 2000/=.Download Application