EDB Scheme for Registration of Exporters
The EDB has been operating the Scheme of Registration of Exporters since 1985, in terms of Section 29 (2) (d) of the Export Development Act No. 40 of 1979 and regulation set out in the Gazette Notification dated 27th June 1985 No. 355/14.
Instructions for registration
Duly filled application form should be submitted along with the following supporting documents listed below, under each category with originals and photocopies.
- Individual Business (Sole Proprietorship)
- Individual Business Registration Certificate (BRC) containing the word `Export` in Column No. 02 (General nature of Business)
- A Photo Copy of the National Identity Card of the Proprietor
- Partnership Company
- Partnership Registration Certificate containing the word `Export` In Column No. 02.
- A photocopy of the National Identity Card of a partner who had signed the application
- Limited Liability Company (Private/Public) (Under the Company Act – 2007)
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Registration of a Company – Form 01/Form 40 (Certified by the Dept. of Registrar of Companies).
- Application should be signed by the Managing Director or any Director of the Company along with the company rubber seal on the Column No. 12.
- A Photo Copy of the National Identity Card of the Managing Director/Director who had signed the application
- A request letter addressed to Director / Trade Facilitation & Trade Information of the EDB by Managing Director / Director of the Company confirming exports.
The exporters should submit Certifications / Licenses of relevant Organizations to consider eligibility to the EDB Registration for items under license i.e. Tea, Gems & Jewellery, Mineral Sands, Wooden products, Fisheries products and Chemicals etc. e.g. Department of Import and Export Control: http://www.imexport.gov.lk/
A temporary Registration Certificate may be issued for only three months to enterprises who express their willingness to export if the basic documents available. However to obtain the status of your registration as “Exporter”, you are required to produce documentary evidence in respect of your export such as CUSDEC Form, Bill of Lading/Airway Bill & Commercial Invoice, VAT & TIN certificates etc. within a period of one year.Download Application & Procedure Form
On acceptance of the application for registration each exporter will be allocated a registration number by the Board.
The registration number issued under these regulations shall not be transferable
- The exporters registered under this scheme are required to furnish information to the Sri Lanka Export Development Board on an annual basis quoting the registration number for the purpose of renewal of registration
- Only changes or additions are required to be indicated
- If there are no changes, the form shall be set indicating that there are no changes
- The registration should be renewed before 31st January, every year.
Register for the Directory of Sri Lankan Exporters
The Trade Facilitation & Trade Information Division implements and monitors this registration scheme. The objective of the scheme is to maintain an up-to-date data bank which assists in the formulation of national export policies and serve as a guide for foreign buyers to reach local suppliers.
The exporters should fill the specific form to register for the Directory of Sri Lankan Exporters and forward to the Trade Facilitation and Trade Information Division. Annual update of information could be done using the same form.
Register for the EDB eMARKETPLACE
www.srilankabusiness.com the official web site of EDB is an ideal trading platform for Sri Lankan exporters to showcase their products to the world. It is the pioneering e-market place introduced in Sri Lanka to promote and sell the products and services online. Consumers can access a wide array of export quality Sri Lankan goods and services as well as buy products online via a secure payment gateway.
This pioneering venture brings together in one place suppliers, buyers, shippers, logistics and finance together with market and product information. The system is empowered with highly secured software that enables online purchase and is open to buyers from anywhere in the world who can connect a computer to the Internet.
Why should you register with www.srilankabusiness.com ?
- A highly cost effective promotional tool for your products & services
- A wider customer out reach
- Business credibility through a trade portal backed by the state.
- A significant reduction in communication and advertising costs.
- Facility for online purchasing
- Timely delivery of your products via market leader s in global logistics
- A highly secure payment system provided by a leading international bank.
Registration - Free of Charge (for maximum 10 catalog items)
Annual Renewal Fee - Rs. 1,000/=
A commission of 6% will be charged from each transaction inclusive of the commission charged by the HSBC bank.Download Application
Register for online Trade Statistics
The EDB provides online Sri Lankan trade statistics for the registered customers for an Annual subscription fee of Rs. 2500/=.Download Application