ICT Services Overview
While Sri Lanka is renowned as the paradise island for its culture, panoramic landscape, leisure and excursion related activities and cuisine, Colombo's impressive skyline also personifies the country's rapid development. In time, Sri Lanka will be renowned for yet another exciting, prominent feature as Asia's favorite ICT Centre of Excellence.
Information and Communication Technology (ICT) continues to shrink the world. As major players are facing increasing difficulties in coping with the global demand, Sri Lanka is emerging as a world's ICT destination of choice. The island is steadily transforming itself into the most preferred ICT hub in Asia thanks to the availability of the most precious resource in the world - talent. It has also become the 4th largest export earner of the country.
The Sri Lankan ICT sector serves a number of Industry verticals with over 300 companies at present. These include Communication, Apparel and Textiles, Banking Financial Services & Insurance (BFSI), Healthcare, Manufacturing, Media, Retailing, Transportation, Travel and Leisure and many more. Sri Lanka's success in ICT exports are chartered through an impressive upward trend in annual figure. The export revenue of this sector grew from US$ 166 million in 2006 to reach US$ 900 million in 2016 with a workforce of over 85,000. With over 90% value addition and high to reach paying jobs, this progress generates significant impact on the growth of the Sri Lankan Economy.
Sri Lankan ICT companies exporting Software products and services to regions such as North America, EU, Australia, East Asia, Middle East, Africa and Nordic region. Their core competencies include automated application testing, infrastructure outsourcing, high-end R & D, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Cloud Technology, Mobile Applications and many other Business Solutions. Sri Lanka also acts as an offshore development centre for several fortune 500 companies from USA, Ireland, UK, Australasia, Sweden and joint venture development companies from Sweden, Norway, USA, Japan, etc. Sri Lanka facilitates 100% foreign investments and safety of foreign investments is guaranteed by the constitution.
The sector with Professionals, highly skilled and highly Productive and extremely competitive. Also the country has a multi-lingual & multi-cultural society who understands western cultures with little or no effort. The country has No Political risks or risks of terrorism.
ICT Services on Offer
- Big Data Solutions
- Business Solutions and MIS
- Client-Server Architecture
- Cloud Services
- eBusiness Development
- ERP Software
- ICT Infrastructure & Services
- IT Education & Training
- Mobile Application Development
- Payments Processor
- Real-Time System
- Software Development
- Systems Integration
- Web Development and Marketing
- Ranked among the top 10 emerging global destinations by Global Services Magazine
- Awarded “Offshore Destination of the Year” by National Outsourcing Association in 2013 and 2014. Shortlisted for the Award in 2015.
- Ranked in Gartners’ 30 leading Location for Offshore Services. Included among the Top 9 in Asia Pacific.
- Ranked at 14 in the A.T. Kearney's Global Services Location Index (GSLI) in 2016 against financial attractiveness, people skills and availability, and business environment.
- 12th in the top ranking destinations in IBM Global Location Trends Report
- The United Nations e-Government survey ranks No 1 in South Asia in the e-Government ranking.
The industry’s Vision 2022 aims it to become the number one foreign exchange earner of the country, with US$ 5 billion in revenue, creating 200,000 direct jobs and 1,000 start-ups.
- High Quality Work
- Excellent Aftercare Service
- Meeting the Client's Requirements up to the Standards expected
- Delivery on time