Use the lists of trade fair exhibitors
The exhibitors and product lists for the global fairs for the electronics and electrical engineering industry will provide names of thousands of companies, and also their addresses and product details: for example -
- Electronica is a biennial exhibition and the last complete participants list is for 2018. Go to the electronica website and scroll down to “Continue to exhibitor directory 2018”. You can download the complete exhibitor directory.
- The Hannover Messe/Hannover Fair link takes you directly to the list of participating companies, which can be sorted to meet your requirements.
Use the member lists of sector associations
There are many sector associations for the E&EE industry. Many associations list their members on their website. For example:
- ZVEI is the German umbrella association the E&EE industry.
- FBDI – Association of German Electronic/Electrical Distributors
- ESIA - European Semiconductor Industry Association
- EPCIA - European Passive Components Industry Association
- FME - Dutch Association for the Technology Industries
- ANIE - Italian Association for E&EE
Meet buyers at international trade fairs
There is no better place to meet buyers all at one location than at an international trade fair. However, the company representatives in exhibition pavilion are usually sales people. You might want to meet the technical manager or engineering manager to present the unique features of your product and the benefits that you are offering. Make appointments with buyers and/or executives of exhibiting companies, agents, distributors, importers and associations at least 6 to 8 weeks ahead of the fair.
A visit to one of the five key global trade fairs for electronic/electrical products is a MUST:
Other trade fairs to visit are:
- IAA Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung, Frankfurt (Passenger cars), Hanover (Commercial vehicles)
- IFA Internationale Funk-Ausstellung, Berlin (Consumer goods and Telecom)
- Light + Building, Frankfurt (Lighting and related electronics).
Get coverage from professional journals
Various trade journals also exhibit at the trade fairs listed above. Make contact and ask the journalists to cover your products and applications.
Top professional journals for example:
- Markt & Technik: weekly German newspaper for electronics
- Elektronik: German biweekly journal and website about industrial electronics
- EE Times, Electronic Engineering Times: online magazine for the global electronics industry
- Electronics Weekly: weekly trade journal for electronics professionals
- EDN-Europe: industry website for electronic design engineers
Do market research to identify target markets, countries and local marketing partners
Start your desktop market research to find market information and trends in the E&EE sector. Screen information available from various associations to gain an overview of the markets and the potential for your products. You should now be ready to prepare a timely action plan to find buyers in the E&EE sector.